Youth in grades five through twelve will find many opportunities for study, fellowship, worship, service, and mission at FPC. In addition to Sunday School and Way Out Wednesday programs, a Sunday evening program for youth meets each week from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. beginning with dinner.
Our Youth ministry is divided into four program areas:
- Sunday morning focusing primarily on Bible study
- Wednesday night is connecting life and faith
- Sunday evening centers on activities and events surrounding service, mission, contemporary worship and fellowship, and
- Camps and Conferences which offer opportunities in regional worship, mission, and connecting with the larger church.
It is our goal to provide a place where Youth can find acceptance, support, and community as they grow in faith.
FPC has three groups of youth:
- Senior High (9th – 12th grades)
- Junior High (7th – 8th grades)
- Tweens (5th – 6th grades)
All three groups meet weekly for Sunday School (9:00 a.m.), Youth Group (Sundays at 5:30 p.m., including dinner), and for study and worship on Wednesday evenings during Way Out Wednesday. We invite all youth to join us at any time!
Fall 2019 Sunday School
- Tween Club (5th-6th Grades) Room 206
As our pre-teens move from children’s classes into our youth program, we begin to dig deeper into the Bible stories that they learned as children, looking at the history and culture of the time as well as learning the story of God’s chosen people. This class will also explore the Messengers of God, and how they may share God’s message with others.
- Jr. High Youth (7th– 8th Grades) Room 207
During the junior high years, youth prepare to embrace the faith taught to them by their family and make it their own. Studies focusing on their relationship with Christ are helpful as we encourage them to explore what they believe and learn how to talk about their faith with others. This fall, students will meet the Messengers of God and how they shared their faith.
- Sr. High Youth (9th-12th Grades) Room 204
“Who Do You Say That I Am?” will be the focus of study for Senior High Youth. Based on the text Mark 8:29, youth will consider who Jesus is and consider who they are, and will be because of Jesus. Using the ministry study materials Feasting on the Word, Senior High Youth will also dig into the lectionary Scripture, setting the scene for the use of the same text in morning worship.
Sunday Evening Schedule:
5:30 p.m. – Dinner
6:00 p.m. – Youth Program
All Youth are invited to come be a part of this dynamic group!